Tuition & Financial Aid
Students enrolled in an online master's program at the Whitman School of Management are charged tuition on a per-credit-hour basis. The current rate of tuition for the 2018-2019 academic year is $1,559 per credit. This rate begins with the July 2018 cohort. The number of credits that you are required to complete depends on your program.
|Program||Credits Required||Estimated Tuition Cost|
*Required credits depends on the student’s educational background
Whitman does not charge online students fees typically associated with on-campus programs such as health fees. Textbook, travel, and housing costs are each student's responsibility in addition to a one time technology fee.
Payment arrangements for tuition and fees are required at the time of registration each semester. Syracuse University offers direct billing or deferred billing for students sponsored by select companies. Payment plans are available to those students who are financially responsible for their education.
Financing Your Degree
When evaluating how to pay for your master's degree, there may be a number of resources available to you, including tuition assistance from your employer, scholarships, and student loan programs.
Students may be eligible to apply for the following to assist in paying their tuition:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans Students are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 in Direct Unsubsidized Loans per academic year, regardless of personal or spousal income.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan All graduate students are potentially eligible to apply for Graduate PLUS loan funding each academic year. This credit-based loan can be used to cover tuition and fees and provide you with funding for living expenses up to the cost of attendance.
- Private Loans: Students who require additional assistance may apply for education loans through private lenders.
- Scholarships: Students may be eligible to apply for scholarships offered through Syracuse University.
- Employer Sponsorship: Check with your employer's personnel or human resources division regarding tuition. Explore tips for employer support here.
- Veterans Benefits: Students are eligible to explore the use of VA Education Benefits to fund their graduate program. For more information, contact the VA (http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/) or the Veterans' Resource Center on campus (vrc.syr.edu ).
Applying for Financial Aid
If you intend to apply for financial aid, you should begin the process as soon as possible. To apply, complete these steps:
- Visit fafsa.ed.gov and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Syracuse's school code is 002882.
- Complete your application for admission to the program.
We encourage you to apply for financial aid at the same time you complete your program application.
If you have questions about tuition and financing options, please do not hesitate to contact an admissions counselor at 844-797-4622 or email us.