Online Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurs are creative thinkers with the passion and drive to push their ideas beyond existing boundaries. Successful entrepreneurs use all the tools and knowledge at their disposal to bring those ideas to life.
Entrepreneurship@Syracuse, the online Master of Science in Entrepreneurship program from the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, prepares current and aspiring entrepreneurs with the business foundation and networking opportunities to start a new venture, effectively manage a company or innovate within an organization.
Why Earn a Master’s Degree in Entrepreneurship?
Running and growing a business require more than a great idea. To thrive in a competitive landscape, aspiring entrepreneurs need a comprehensive understanding of the many factors that influence the success of a company or idea. An M.S. in Entrepreneurship from Whitman will give professionals a working knowledge of finance, marketing, strategy and idea viability.
Entrepreneurship@Syracuse comprises strategically selected courses that focus on the skills that all entrepreneurs need. Explore the entrepreneurship curriculum.
Students will graduate from the program prepared to:
- Effectively manage organizational resources, including financial capital, human capital, technology resources and processes.
- Gather and analyze data to understand business challenges.
- Generate innovative solutions to new and existing business problems.
- Evaluate business opportunities and apply approaches for mitigating and managing risks.
- Construct bootstrap financing options and articulate processes for acquiring venture capital.
Our online M.S. in Entrepreneurship program provides students with the knowledge, confidence and practical experience to navigate their own path to entrepreneurial success.
Students complete core business and entrepreneurship courses.
U.S. News & World Report 2016 ranking for Whitman’s on-campus entrepreneurship master’s.
Most students can complete the online program in as few as 15 months.
Blending face-to-face online classes, self-paced interactive coursework, entrepreneurship resources for students and invaluable networking opportunities, Entrepreneurship@Syracuse enables students to learn critical skills without putting their entrepreneurial plans on hold.
Applying to Entrepreneurship@Syracuse
A bachelor’s degree is required for admission to the program. To begin the process of applying to Entrepreneurship@Syracuse, review the application requirements and admissions deadlines.
- Online application
- Personal essay and business proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Resume or CV
- GMAT or GRE scores
Applicants with more than five years of professional work experience are eligible for a GMAT waiver when applying to Entrepreneurship@Syracuse.
In addition to writing a personal essay, Entrepreneurship@Syracuse applicants are asked to provide a one-page description of a business idea, focusing on the business concept. A business concept is a concise description of an opportunity that contains four elements:
- The product or service: What are its critical features?
- The customer definition: What is the target market, including demographics and geography?
- The value proposition: What value does the product or service provide to the customer?
- The distribution channel: How will the product or service be marketed and distributed?
Syracuse offers start dates for the entrepreneurship program twice per year. Applications are now being accepted for the start dates listed below, and admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
January 5, 2018
February 6, 2018