This course focuses on helping students differentiate managerial accounting, its uses, and applications from their experience in financial accounting. Students will learn terminology, operational strategies, and problem-solving techniques utilized by management accountants, and learn to apply them to real-world management decisions.
By the end of the course, online Master of Business Administration students will be able to:
- Define and explain the terminology and expressions that are used by management accountants
- Demonstrate understanding of cost behavior in making production decisions and improving operational efficiency within an organization
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills relative to managerial accounting cases
- Explain cost behavior and its role in the decision-making process within the organization
- Prepare budgets, and describe their role in the decision-making process and incentive planning within an organization.