Financial Accounting provides students with an understanding of the theory, concepts, principles, and practices underlying the preparation of financial statements. Students will also develop the ability to interpret financial statements. Since this course is intended to assist the student in professional preparation, students will be expected to develop their communication, analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills.
By the end of the course, online Master of Business Administration students will:
- Be able to understand and prepare the basic financial statements.
- Become comfortable with accounting terminology.
- Develop the ability to make reasonable estimates of firms’ financial health, including the ability to make comparisons across firms and across periods.
- Develop the ability to communicate to other professionals the implications of various financial reporting issues.
- Improve their awareness of current issues in accounting and finance.